NEW PROCEDURE FOR REGISTERING MALE KIDS including VIDEO GUIDELINES & VIDEO EXAMPLE
From 1st January 2022 anyone wishing to register a male kid, will not be able to do so until that kid is 6 MONTHS of age. A completed new registration form, with additional questions, including the names and registrations of the Grand Sire & Dam will be required. This will need to be accompanied by two clear colour photographs, one of each side of the goat, together with a short VIDEO showing the goat’s mouth, teats, testicles, rear view, side views and of the goat walking.
This video will then be sent to 2 ‘A’ listed judges, who will decide and assess the goat for suitability for entering the PGC Herd Book. Should their decision be inconclusive a 3rd judge will be called upon to make a final decision. If the judges decide the kid is not suitable the owner is entitled to re-apply.
Assessments can take place at shows where possible, if owners prefer, and where 2 A listed judges are present. (This would be carried out in the strictest confidence in an area away from other exhibitors at the show). If a kid is ultimately deemed not suitable for the Herd Book it will be eligible to be entered into the Pet Record once it has been wethered.
MALE KID VIDEO GUIDELINES and VIDEO EXAMPLE
For Male Kids being assessed for suitability into The Pygmy Goat Herd Book, here are step by step instructions you will need to follow when making your video to enable Judges to carry out thorough assessments.
1. State the name of Goat and DOB.
2. Stand the goat to allow the left side to be seen.
3. Stand the goat to allow the right side to be seen.
4. Show the goat standing from the front.
5. Show the goat standing from the rear.
6. Show the goat’s mouth.
7. Show the goat’s teats, including the area around the base of the teats, and the orifice.
8. Show the goat’s scrotum. Gently lift it to show that there are 2 even healthy testicles within the scrotal sac.
9. Show the front view of the goat walking.
10. Show the rear view of the goat walking.